Currently not taking new clients
I am a licensed psychologist through the California Board of Psychology (PSY 30496). I am a Provisional Somatic Experiencing Practitioner through Somatic Experiencing International (meaning I have completed all training and supervision requirements but that my last training module was online due to the pandemic). I am also certified in Perinatal Mental Health through Postpartum Support International.
I offer psychotherapy in Westwood, Los Angeles and online for individuals residing in California.
Read more about my online therapy work and its particular advantages for new and expecting mother and parents here.
My office address is: 11022 Santa Monica Blvd. Unit 370, Los Angeles, CA 90025. There is metered and street parking. The office building is on the corner of “inner” Santa Monica and Camden.
I am in network with Cigna. For private pay clients, my fee is $125. I have a 24-hour cancellation policy. I can of course provide superbills.
- Psychotherapy treatment of depression, anxiety and interpersonal issues
- Maternal/Parental Mental Health
- Trauma, particularly in relation to parenthood, including birth trauma
- Body image issues and disordered eating
- Adults separating from emotionally abusive parents
- Women’s Mental Health, including women experiencing infertility, uncertainty and ambivalence about having children, or deciding not to have children
My work and training experiences include:
- New mothers/parents, individual and group treatment
- Sandplay and psychodynamic psychotherapy, including Jungian approaches
- Working with artists and individuals in creative industries
- Play Therapy
- Addiction treatment, including process addictions (Sex & Love Addiction, Food Addiction) and psychotherapy with individuals who have established sobriety
- Integrating somatic approaches in psychotherapy
- Eating Disorder treatment
- Using creative techniques in therapy, including art activities
- Treatment of convicted sex offenders
I have extensive training in psychodynamic psychotherapy. I am certified in Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) through the IPT institute. I have also completed the training in Somatic Experiencing, and integrate these techniques as needed.
I am active in the non-profit organization Maternal Mental Health NOW as faculty on the Training Committee and member of the Research Sub-Committee. The organization provides training and consultation for mental health care providers, and works to remove barriers to the prevention, screening, and treatment of prenatal and postpartum depression in Los Angeles County.
I have experience working as a School Psychologist and in private practice in my home country Denmark. I moved to Los Angeles in 2010, where I conducted a doctoral dissertation study on the experience of becoming a mother. Examples of places I have trained during my doctoral program are New Moms Connect (a Jewish Family Service program for mothers) and at The C.G. Jung Institute of Los Angeles. I have published peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on the psychology of the emotional and somatic changes related to motherhood.
I am Adjunct Faculty at Antioch University where I teach a number of classes including Child and Adolescent Development, Treatment of Children and Adolescent, Psychodynamic Theories, and Law and Ethics. I am also Adjunct at The Reiss-Davis Graduate Center for Child Development and Psychotherapy. I have also taught at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (courses in Play Therapy and Sandplay).
Do you have a book, a projects, an article, and event, a CFP, or something else you think I should write about here? Let me know.
Get To Know Me:
Listen to a podcast interview here